Top Five Reasons to Work in Fintech
Since the EU Referendum, confidence in the UK market and economy has been unsteady. However, companies are still hiring, VCs are still investing, and one industry in particular is still thriving.
The golden age of Fintech is here! And we’ve got five top reasons why you should work in Fintech.
- It is one of the fastest growing industries in the UK. It’s projected to employ 100,000 people by 2020.
- The user-base is coming of age. 71% of millennials have said they’d rather go to the dentist than go to a bank – Fintech is only going to grow and grow.
- The UK government have thrown their weight and support behind Fintech. They not only provide funding, but support the industry in terms of favourable regulations.
- Fintechs are fun! Digital, tech and startups have a reputation for being great places to work – attracting top talent, paying well and having fun offices with lots of perks.
- The UK has some of the top Fintech companies, VCs and startups. Investment was still strong one month after the Referendum and it’s a focus area for the government.